Rasuwa Reminders: The Shades of Nature

Two years ago, while I was working in a remote village Mailung of Rasuwa district, I had hardly thought that those Rasuwa days would stay fresh in the reminiscences for many years to come. Honestly, the photos that I had captured are the main reason behind this. Whenever I look at those in my gadgets, all the things related to it start to float in the mind. No, I don't get into nostalgia, but it is more like the feeling of something good, something that I have experienced and am happy for. 

There were more bitter feelings then but when I think of it today, it was actually good for I got to learn many things, experience many things - mainly: adjustment and tolerance capacity. Well, of different pieces of stuff to remember, I mostly recall its natural beauty. 

It is not that drop-dead gorgeous place, neither it has abundance of breath-taking scenery. It is but just a small village, quite a remote area even though not very far from the capital city. When I first arrived there, I was like - where have I come? how am I going to stay here? The high hills mostly of hard-rock, so steep that people called it - baadar ladne bhir (even a monkey could slip), are good to look at but frightful to think about. But, those are the beauty of the place.

Such clear blue sky is a rare thing to see in the city. But not there.

The simple things like the waterfalls, the weather, the beautifully blue sky, the Trishuli river, the dense forests, the giant hills, etc. account to the shades of nature that that place covers. Being a nature-lover (cliche it might sound), it was obvious of me to capture whatever my eyes felt pleased to see, in a digital compact camera given to me from office.

The Water Falls
Come monsoon and there will be waterfalls at about every kilometer distance or so, like literally. From small-sized to the heavy ones. And they make for a really beautiful sight.

It was one breath-taking waterfall to witness.
This was just at the start of the monsoon, it grew much bigger during the rainy season. I got a chance to climb a little up there and have fun, i.e. get awed and take photos! The sunlight just after rain added a magic that day.
The permanent one.
Rainbow adds a charm for sure. According to the villagers, the Naag-god stays there in a little pond formed down.
Up in the hills.
Sizewise smaller, but height-wise as big as others. It gave a relief to eyes when legs were hurt.

From Clouds to River
I have always been fascinated with the clouds, the way it forms and floats in the sky and its irregularity in shape that makes me imagine of different things. Just a random thought.
The Cloud Kingdom
Forget the Winter, Clouds are coming to take over.

Darkness and Colors
Some dark clouds got a Rainbow instead of a Silver Lining. Either way, Hope exists.
The Dominance of Fog
Monsoon Diaries of Fog and its journey down to the village

Hide-n-Seek
Because I want to fly away...
The wide and smoothly flowing Trishuli is not the same up in the hills. It is big and turbulent, which is pretty obvious for a river to be in the mountainous zone.

The game between clouds, hills and river. Weather challenges.
Trishuli during rainy days

When sun shines after rain
Trishuli in its monsoon form

The Little Village
When you just look around, you will see few houses in a very small settlement. When you capture it in a frame and look more, you will be able to see the beauty in it. Such is its characteristic.
Gumchet Village
Very few houses and thus, people. Most of the elderly people and women there did not even use to understand Nepali language. 
The Undercliff Household
It was one sight I always found interesting. The house and shed under the giant rock over which are fields, tree and also a waterfall. 

More..
"We gotta reach home before sunset"
A trip of goats sailing across the Trishuli

Sunrise over a hilltop

Last, but not the least. This is my favorite one.
Nature vs Development
While one side of river reflects the greenery,
the other shows the side effect of road construction on nature.
Sadly, the last year earthquake has damaged almost all the completed section of road and also the Mailung village, where I had stayed for about eight months. I hope the things will get better soon, and the place remains beautiful as ever. 

Thank you :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 things you might face if you are a Nepali born in Kartik

Rasuwa Reminders: The Works